Pre Academy Overview
The Pre-Academy program is our new u8 program for kids that are 6 and 7 years old. This program is designed around having tons of fun with the ball, but also focusing more on development of the players. Our goal is to help the players fall in love with the game but also prepare them for the option to move up to the Academy program. Within this program we will try to split the players into two divisions based on age, size and technical ability to ensure everyone is playing with kids of similar ability to challenge them but also allow for success. Each team will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays with games on Saturday. They will compete against different teams unlike in Rising stars so that we can introduce them to a more competitive environment. However, development in this program is the most important thing. Winning at this age is not our focus and not a good measure of success. All teams will practice at the same time, and all teams must follow the same curriculum. The practice layout for this age group will be training game - rondo - position play - training game. Every practice will have these 4 stages.
FAQ for Pre Academy
- Where will they practice? Heritage park
- When will they practice? Tuesdays and Thursdays
- How long are practices? 1 hour
- Does my child need cleats and shinguards? Yes they should have them every time they play
- What size ball do they use? Size 3
- How often do they play games? They will have around 10 games played mostly on Saturdays. They may play a few during the week.
- Will my child have a uniform? Yes all players in the program will have a reversible uniform that we ask that they wear every half practice/ half game day.
- How will I know what side of the uniform to wear? The schedule will have a team designated HOME or AWAY. If you are Home you are dark colors, if you are Away you are White.
- How do I register? Please follow the link on the website and make your account
- What is the cost? $115
- When does the season start and end? First practices are August 8th and the final day is November 5th.
- What else does my child need to bring to practice? Please always have a water, shinguards, and cleats.
- Can my child wear jewelry, glasses, cast etc? They cannot wear any jewelry however they can wear glasses. They cannot have a cast on unless it is covered by a soft material and approved to return to play by a doctor.
- Is there anything you recommend me to do in order to help my child? Yes play around with them at home as much as possible. I recommend you buy the book “Soccer starts at Home.” It is a great book on how to be a great soccer parent.
- When are pictures? A picture date will be decided by the staff and sent out as soon as possible.
- When do they get their uniform? They will get it at least a few days before their first game.
- When do they get their game schedule? They will receive the schedule after all of the teams have been formed. This will take place by the end of July.