Players are now comfortable with the ball and are working on and refining their tactical awareness, possession, rhythm of play, inter-connectivity of play, and technical precision.
This is a competitive league that represents the Cullman area against multiple other cities. This program is what we highly encourage you to do if you just came up through our Academy program. We also encourage this program if you are interested in playing soccer at a high level in the future. In this program you will have high level coaching, high competition and a very competitive environment. They will begin the process of mastering the 11v11 format and start executing our style of play in a larger game.
Parents should remain steadfast on the process and performance of their child's progression, but also with a results-oriented focus.
This program will have higher fees associated with it because of tournaments, coaching, state referee allocation and scheduling, and a state driven game schedule to qualify teams for the Alabama State Cup.
Frequently Asked Questions for Competitive Soccer
- What is the difference between Competitive and recreational?
- Higher Qualified coaches
- Tougher opponents that will challenge them. They will play against the best the state has to offer.
- Tougher competition within the team that will challenge them to get better.
- Higher quality of play
- A true pathway for success to higher level teams for older club teams, high school, college etc.
- Tovo Curriculum that challenges them to be a complete, intelligent player.
- A fully committed group of players and parents that have a strong desire to develop and compete
- Where will they practice? Heritage park
- When will they practice? Twice a week - Mondays and Thursdays at either 5:15 or 6:45
- How long are practices? 90 minutes max
- How many games do they play a day? For state league it normally is only one game but sometimes may play 2.
- How often do they play games? Every weekend?(BOTH ACADEMY AND Competitive) No we do not play every single weekend since we think it is important to still have family time. We tend to play on around 8-10 weekends between August 13 and November 9th. So 8-10 weekends in a 13 week period. We also never play on Labor day weekend.
- How long is the season for Competitive? We start practices around July 18 and end the first or second week of November. For July practices we always say, if you have a vacation planned go on your vacation. We expect everyone to be there once August arrives.
- How much travel is it for the Competitive program? (u12-u19) they will have 4-6 travel dates plus 2 tournaments. The travel dates are normally no more than 1 hour away however once every 2-3 years we are unlucky and have to travel to Mobile for a state league game. Tournaments are also only an hour away unless parents choose to go to a further one.
- How much does competitive cost? It costs around 500$ plus a uniform. Uniforms are rotated every 2-3 years.
- I cant afford 500$ are there any fundraisers? Yes we do a yearly raffle to help with the cost of playing. For every ticket sold, half goes straight to your fees and half goes towards a fund to cover tournaments.
- If my goal is to play high school or college should I do competitive or recreational? If your goal is to be the best you can be and play at a higher level then the competitive program is the best recommendation.